How to create custom WhatsApp stickers with the new sticker maker tool | Business Insider India
- WhatsApp recently launched its in-app sticker maker tool.
- It’s currently available only for WhatsApp Web and Desktop apps.
- Here’s how you can use the tool to make custom stickers.
WhatsApp now lets users on its web and desktop applications make custom stickers. This feature was previously available only on WhatsApp’s mobile apps. The custom
sticker maker on WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp for Desktop are now available for everyone to use.
WhatsApp launched stickers back in 2018 and it has since been one of the most popular features on the platform. “How to send stickers on WhatsApp’ was also the most searched ‘how to’ Google in India in 2018. WhatsApp offers sticker packs that you can download from the app, and you can also make your own stickers. This is also the first native sticker maker tool on WhatsApp. On Android and iOS, you have to use third-party apps to make custom stickers. At present, it’s available only for WhatsApp Web and Desktop apps.
So here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make stickers on WhatsApp Web and Desktop apps.
- Open WhatsApp on your laptop and then open any chat.
- Now tap on the attach icon in the chat bar and select the sticker option.
- You will then have to select an image from your laptop or computer.
- Once you select an image it will open with the sticker maker tool.
- You can then edit your sticker by adding emoji, text, doodle and more.
- Once you’re done just tap on the send button and your sticker will be sent.
You can also find the sticker maker tool by tapping on the emoji button in the chat bar. Here, tap on the sticker icon and click the create option and follow the same steps to create a custom sticker. This is a much easier way to create custom stickers without having to download another app.
WhatsApp has been improving its web and desktop apps by adding new features like voice and video calling support. It also made the beta version of WhatsApp Web available recently, and updated link previews.