Growth and diversity ensure success for AccorHotels in China
Shanghai, China, November 28, 2016 /ChinaNewswire.com/ - AccorHotels has successfully grown every brand in its portfolio notwithstanding the economic slowdown over the past decade. With its wide spectrum of properties from the luxury to economy segment, the group aims to meet and cater to the various needs and preferences of its diverse clientele from business to leisure and millennial travellers.
Since the successful strategic alliance with Huazhu in January 2016, some 86 AccorHotels’ branded properties came under the Huazhu structure. This has created tremendous opportunities for the growth of the AccorHotels network in the domestic China market. At the same time the alliance also facilitated the development of Chinese outbound businesses across Asia-Pacific and globally. AccorHotels sees considerable potential growth of its loyalty members with the two entities which currently consists of 95 million members. The number of hotel openings will also be growing steadfastly with the annual target of 50 economy and mid-scale hotel brands for ibis, ibis Styles, Mercure and Novotel across mainland China under Huazhu alliance over the next three years.
In July 2016, AccorHotels announced the acquisition of three iconic brands Raffles, Fairmont, and Swissôtel under FRHI. This strategic deal positions AccorHotels as a luxury hotel leader in the hospitality industry. With a greater global reach, a more diverse portfolio, a powerful loyalty programme and a sizeable customer base in North America, AccorHotels also shows its expertise with the combined strengths of both companies in talent development and industry experience.
The acquisition of FRHI added 155 hotels and resorts to the global network of AccorHotels, including nine properties in Greater China. The portfolio under the luxury and upscale division now includes Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel Legend, SO Sofitel, Sofitel, onefinestay, MGallery by Sofitel, Pullman and Swissôtel.
AccorHotels in Greater China currently has 189 operating hotels across 13 brands in 72 key cities. “The strategic alliance between AccorHotels and Huazhu leverages the strengths of its global brands as the leading player in the competitive China market. Huazhu’s unparalleled local expertise when combine with our brands help create a hospitality powerhouse that delivers unprecedented value to both groups and to our guests,” said Michel Molliet, Chief Operating Officer of AccorHotels Greater China, “At the same time, the operational synergies with the acquisition of FRHI, AccorHotels is well-placed to accelerate the growth in the luxury brand segment which enables the group to offer travellers even more exciting hotel choices across various destinations.”
This year in Greater China, AccorHotels opened 15 hotels under the Fairmont, Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel and Mercure branding. Next year, the group continues to expand its network with the opening of another 15 hotels across Greater China which includes Fairmont Chengdu, Fairmont Wuhan, Sofitel Guiyang Hunter, Sofitel Foshan, Pullman Zhouzhuang Resorts & Spa, Pullman Baotou and Grand Mercure Zhengzhou Xintian Town.
– Located in the heart of the central business district, Fairmont Chengdu features 336 well-appointment guest rooms and suites that combine the traditional elements of Chengdu and contemporary cultural elegance.
– Sofitel Guiyang Hunter is the tallest building situated in the city centre adjacent to Hunter shopping mall and only 11km away from the airport and 3.8km from the railway station. This luxury hotel features 274 spacious rooms and suites with floor-to-ceiling windows to best capture the magnificent views of Guiyang.
– Slated to open in 2017, Sofitel Foshan is located in Lecong in Shunde and connects to Louvre International Exhibition Furniture Centre. The 326 room hotel features a chic interior design with state-of-the-art furnishings and well blended with French and Cantonese “Art de Vivre" of Foshan.
– Located in China’s ancient town of Zhouzhuang, Pullman ZhouZhuang Resort & Spa is surrounded by a lake with a scenic water town. Nicknamed Venice of the Orient, the hotel combines the exquisite beauty of the Southern Yangtze River with a touch of French elegance interspersed with modern architectural surrounds.
– Featuring 300 contemporary guest rooms, Pullman Baotou is located within close proximity to the convention centre. It is only a 20 minute drive to the airport and 5 km away downtown.
– With an ecological farm featuring a 2,000 metre hot spring stemming from the ground, Grand Mercure Zhengzhou Xintian Town is a nature resort featuring 288 guest rooms located central’s China’s Henan province.
AccorHotels is a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences, as well as in over 2,500 of the finest private homes around the globe. Benefiting from dual expertise as an investor and operator through its HotelServices and HotelInvest divisions, AccorHotels operates in 95 countries. Its portfolio comprises internationally acclaimed luxury brands including Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel Legend, SO Sofitel, Sofitel, onefinestay, MGallery by Sofitel, Pullman, and Swissôtel; as well as the popular midscale and boutique brands of Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter and Adagio; the in-demand economy brands including ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget and the regional brands Grand Mercure, The Sebel and hotelF1.
With an unmatched collection of brands and rich history spanning close to five decades, AccorHotels, along with its global team of more than 240,000 dedicated women and men, has a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome. Guests enjoy access to one of the world’s most rewarding hotel loyalty programs – Le Club AccorHotels.
AccorHotels is active in its local communities and committed to sustainable development and solidarity through PLANET 21, a comprehensive program that brings together employees, guests and partners to drive sustainable growth.
Accor SA is publicly listed with shares trading on the Euronext Paris exchange (ISIN code: FR0000120404) and the OTC marketplace (Code: ACRFY) in the United States.Source: Accor Greater China