The latest rugby transfer news and rumours from around the globe

Even this late in the season, there’s still plenty of recruitment work being done.

Here are the latest rugby transfer rumours and stories from the world of rugby…

Ospreys step up search for winger after departures announced

The Ospreys are stepping up their search for a wing after announcing the departures of Dan Kasende and Ryan Conbeer.

The club announced their leavers list on Friday, with wings Kasende and Conbeer both named.

Kasende in particular is a surprise departure, having crossed for 10 tries in 38 matches since joining from the Cheetahs.

The 31-year-old has been a fan favourite at the Ospreys during his time at the club.

JOIN OUR WALES RUGBY FACEBOOK PAGE Latest news, analysis and much more

WalesOnline understands Conbeer, who joined the Ospreys after being released from the Scarlets, was initially told there was no offer on the table as the club planned for next season.

However, it’s believed the Ospreys did then offer Conbeer the chance to stay late in the day – but the 27-year-old decided against it.

It’s understood Super Rygbi Cymru side Bridgend are looking into the signing of Conbeer ahead of next season.

Mark Jones’ side are already targeting back-row reinforcements, with Australia and Bordeaux forward Lachlan Swinton on their radar.

A fly-half is also a position they’re looking to add, but now wing is likely to be something they seek too.

World Cup-winning star considers move back home

United Rugby Championship outfit Stormers are keen on bringing two-time World Cup winner Cheslin Kolbe back to Cape Town.

The Stormers, who take on Cardiff in the URC quarter-finals, are believed to be keen on a deal to sign the fleet-footed Kolbe.

The 32-year-old has a deal with Suntory Sungoliath in Japan until the end of the 2026/27 season.

However, Stormers boss John Dobson has made no secret that he wants to bring Kolbe back to South Africa, according to Rapport.

Wales Rugby VIP hospitality tickets

This article contains affiliate links, we will receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more
Content Image

Prices vary

Seat Unique

Book tickets here

Seat Unique offers VIP hospitality tickets for Wales’ autumn internationals including New Zealand and Australia.

According to the report, Dobson has admitted that he wants Kolbe to be part of the club’s leadership group and play through to 2029.

The interest in Kolbe has only been increased after Dylan Maart rejected a return to the Stormers after a successful loan spell from the Griquas – opting to sign with the Bulls ahead of next season.

Wallabies star signs new deal

Wallabies and Queensland Reds fly-half Tom Lynagh has signed a new deal with Rugby Australia.

The 23-year-old has become the latest Australian international to sign a new deal through to next year’s World Cup Down Under.

It’s been an injury-hit year for the fly-half, with the Reds relying on Harry McLaughlin-Phillips and Carter Gordon in his absence.

“It’s great to secure my future for another year. It means I can concentrate on getting back on the field, playing some good rugby and putting my best foot forward for what is to come,” Lynagh said.

“It was a great honour to play for the Wallabies against the British and Irish Lions last year. At times, I still pinch myself that it happened. Playing for the Wallabies was a great goal of mine. I was a kid in London watching the Wallabies at the 2015 World Cup and that inspired me to become a rugby player.

“To wear the gold jersey is something very special. The goal now is to get fit and healthy and get some good footy under my belt so I can contend again this year and in what will be a massive year in 2027. Nothing is given so I know I’ve got hard work ahead.”

Follow all of our channels to ensure you stay up to date with the latest Welsh rugby news. Sign up to our free daily newsletter here and our WhatsApp channel here for all the breaking news.